Thursday 29 May 2014

Hairs are different + Victoria Day + Voyageur park

Admittedly, now that the weather is nice I have little interest in spending Evelyn's naptimes on the laptop. I'd rather be gardening or (soon) lounging by the pool. But for the sake of continuity and letting friends and family know what we've been up to: here we go!

Hairs are different!


Liana and I went to get our hair done by Dom, who just recently returned to Lucas Nault. Liana wanted to dye her hair from like ages 9-11 but I had set 13 as the minimum age required and specified it I could overrule crazy colours. 13 came and went and the hippy part of Liana appreciated her natural hair colour. A few months ago she hit me with "I want purple highlights" which I mulled over for a bit. In the end I caved, as long as they were done by my friend Dom, with her natural colour products, and without the use of bleach. It looks surprisingly subtle for purple! Mostly noticeable in the light.

I redid my colour and just got a trim. Caleb got his summer buzz cut recently, too (pics n/a!).

Foil space creature!
In the light
Not too punk rock
Liana thinks this picture is HILARIOUS (because it's mom taking a selfie)

Victoria Day


A Monday off with Darcy and all of the children was golden. Beautiful day mostly spent outdoors.







 



Voyageur Park


There's this park about a 15min walk from our place to which the neighbourhood has donated outdoor toys their kids have outgrown and some lawn chairs. Evelyn and I checked it out.








Miscellaneous



Caleb's been practicing riding his two wheel bike! Learning how to keep your balance is no small feat.


Evelyn has two more teeth! Last Friday we visited daddy at work as well as a lot of co-workers. We hosted an epicure party and had a visit from grandma and aunt Casey.

Liana's passport arrived in the mail. That trip to Paris is right around the corner!



Caught slobbering on the wall
Pulled over during an adventurous jog with mommy

This is what happens when the ponytail is removed

Sometimes this is what I find when I climb the stairs

Scouts advancement ceremony (Caleb is in year 2 of 3 so he advances next year)
Evelyn loved the burgers






No comments:

Post a Comment